Friday, February 25, 2011

January 27th, 2145

Eros,


You know? I'm feeling kind of wild, today. Essentially, I'm 30 years old. Again. I've got the body, the stamina, the mind, the will, of someone thats 30. Why me? You know? Why do I get a second chance? I don't deserve it. I've never done anything worth it. But here it is, and I feel like a trillion bucks. Like a gabrillion bucks.

Today, I went running. My replacement leg, my donor leg, is perfection. Sure, there are some unsightly scars. But thats nothing another surgery in a month or two can't fix. So I threw on my shortest pair of shorts and I ran along the boardwalk. Three times. Six miles. And it felt great. The wind, it seems, always feels the same. No matter whose skin you're wearing.

So tonight, to celebrate my new perfect leg, I'm going to go dancing. Like I'm 30. Hopefully most of the younger crowd won't pay attention to the news. Hopefully I can get into the bar and dance my face off and hopefully none of these youngsters will have a single clue that yeah, I'm over 100 years old. But really, I'm only 30. I'm young again, Eros. Or maybe I was always, and just needed the right body. But I remember feeling old, so screw that.

I'm putting on makeup as I write this. I'm making my young, pulled, stretched back face look even more young. Maybe no one will bother to look at my eyes. Those, I'm afraid, I'll never get to look right. Not young. They've seen too much, too many days, to ever look young again. I guess I'll just have to replace them altogether, instead of fix them. Young eyes, now that would be a feat!

I'm going vintage. Relive the old days, I guess, with my outfit. Some heels that purr. These kids don't understand the value of a good pair of leopard print pumps. But I can dance with 100 years of experience. They can't. So let them say what they say about my heels. I'll ram one up their ass. They don't get it. Watch me make out with a twenty four year old boy. He'll be none the wiser. He'll never know I'm older than he is, five times over. He'll never even see my face. But shit, accomplishment for me!!!!

Eros, I wish you were here with me tonight. I mean, I guess you are. But, you, physically, just to see me and know that I rule the world. Because tonight, with my new leg whose scars are now covered in a layer of very old fishnet stockings, well, it proves that I'm invincible.

-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment